Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

the Small Stuff

I take a tiny white and blue pill that regulates my blood pressure. Perhaps I take it forgranted that this little capsule just magically does what its supposed to do? I mean how cool is it that something so small can have this huge effect on my whole body...my overall health?

What other tiny things have a huge effect?
a new baby will rock a family's world (in the best possible way)
a tiny spark can turn into a raging forest fire
a hairline fracture can put someone in a cast and crutches for weeks
one root of bitterness can take over a person's entire attitude
the faith of a mustard seed can move a mountain (Mt 17:20)
one idea can change the world...just ask the inventor of the World Wide Web (and no it wasn't Al Gore)
one cancer cell mutates exponentially and wreaks havoc
one word of kindness can change the trajectory of someone's day

Do we pay attention to the small stuff? Do we even consider that the small stuff can have huge implications...good and bad? I wonder if we did, would our actions and words look different? I wonder if we did, would our world look any different?




1 comment:

Amy Anderson said...

I love this Mindy. Happy Mother's Day!