I believe the big picture of each day is composed of tiny pixels, that if we look closely enough are actually God's presence and fingerprints. He is all over everything, but I am personally too busy a lot of times to notice. I also believe the key to seeing Him there is the act of gratitude. The act of expressing thanks for things big and small. As we become grateful, we can zero in on those pixels and see our God everywhere!
So here's the experiment: I am going to do a weekly gratitude post. Your part? Tell me what you are thankful for in the comments section below.
I know many of you read this...I can tell because my counter number goes up when I post. But not so many of you comment, which is fine (blog stalkers!!!). What would be so cool about you posting on this one? We could be thankful for what he's done in each other's lives together!
What you are thankful for can be big or small, "spiritual" or mundane. It doesn't matter what it is, what matters is Who are thankful to...
I'll go first...
Gratitude Week 1:
I am thankful to my Maker...
1. that Mark found the rotted dead rat in the shed and not me.
2. that my hubs sent me flowers and made me feel so loved
3. that my work friends called to see how Blake's labs turned out
4. that Blake's labs were normal and he has a gigantor tonsil for apparently no reason
5. for my iPod and the music on my "so worshipful" playlist
6. that Luke came up with his own idea for a Sunday service :), and it was creative and awesome
7. that Jesus meets me exactly where I'm at
8. for two babies on the way in the next 9 days!
9. that my part is to respond to Christ's love
10. a lazy Saturday with no big agenda
11. for family date night last night...awesome movie and Pei Wei!!!!
Okay friends. What are you thankful for today, this week, lately...