Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The New Bachelor

I haven't watched a ton of TV lately, so today when I saw a preview for January's The Bachelor I almost cried (literally...there might have even been tears welling in my eyes that didn't make it down my cheeks). Anyway, the next Bachelor is none other than the single dad Jason, that Deanna so erroneously let go in the finale of the last Bachelorette.

He is decent, stable, honest, dependable. Hmmm....no wonder he didn't get picked. That would've made way too much sense.

But this season it will be his chance to find the love of his life. In the preview he even says one of the 25 women he is about to meet will be his wife...that makes it true doesn't it???

I am only slightly cynical about the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise. One out of what...twelve relationships have made it (go Trista, Ryan and baby makes three). But surely since they keep cranking out new seasons, each with the most dramatic rose ceremonies to date, the premise must have some kind of fortitude to it!?!

We shall see. Till then I will keep getting teary eyed every time I see a promo with Jason and little Ty hoisted on his dad's shoulders....

No comments: