Pages

Monday, December 1, 2008

all things teen

I love all things teen and yes, I am 35 years old as of a few days ago. I wish I could say my interest in it was for the cause of being a "connected" youth leader, or a "with it" high school teacher or maybe even a cool pedi nurse. But I can't claim any of the above b/c none of them apply. I love all things teen and I have no excuse for it... it is what it is and I just need to come clean.

Case in point...
Two of my all time favorite book (series) are Twilight and Maximum Ride...both written expressly for YA.

I enjoy Gossip Girl. There, I said it.

I love the North Face fleece every cute teen girl has and I adore "Sperry's" (which in my day were called deck or boat shoes).

Chace Crawford and Robert Pattinson make me long for the days when I was thirteen and could crank out super cool celebrity collages of guys such as Ralph Macchio and C. Thomas Howell.

"She's All That" is one of my feel good movies...ever trusted to make me smile and perhaps even swoon...btw Freddy Prinze had a very Jake Ryan vibe to him in that flick.

I love the Jonas Brothers and Jordin Sparks...they really are talented even if they aren't old enough to vote!

I could go on, but the proof is in the pudding (or in the Kiva juice as a true teen might say).

Oh well, it could be worse, right? I don't purchase Tiger Beat or Teen Magazines. I don't pose as a teenaged girl in some "I heart Zac Efron" chat room. I don't actually wear the fleece or the Sperry's...

No comments: