Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Gaze

My pastor shared the quote below with us at church today, in his opening message for a series called "Refocus."  The quote came from a very wise man, Dave Busby, who spent his life ministering to teens, all the while suffering from Cystic Fibrosis and a myriad of other serious medical conditions.  He went to be with the Lord several years ago, but clearly left behind a legacy that still touches us today.  



His sentiment hit me like a ton 10 tons of bricks this morning.  

It's just so true.  So simple, yet poignant.  So wise, yet uncomplicated.  
Simply put, for me, gazing at God is what it means to abide in Christ.  
To choose Him, is to rest my eyes on Jesus, above all else.


The entire message today challenged me in the very best possible way.  It made me do some self-examination and I'm pretty sure I have a new question to pose to myself when I'm feeling overwhelmed, depressed, bitter and distraught.  Heck, I want to ask myself this question in those bad times, but also in the good...

"Where has my gaze landed???"



No comments: