Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Masterpiece of You

I feel like there are seasons in life in which God "has" me in a certain place. Where I see themes of what I am learning, repeating themselves in what I read, hear, come across, etc. It's like, Okay God I get what you're laying down...

This summer, for me, it's all about re-discovering who He made me to be.

Somewhere along the line, I began to only let parts of myself--my personality--show. The parts I thought "appeared" spiritual or proper. I formed a picture of what I thought a godly woman should look like and decided to try to look that way. In the process, I ended up stifling parts of myself. And when I let my guard down and allowed those parts to show up--like when I get to laughing so hard I turn red and LOUDLY cackle--I would later regret their appearance and wonder if I somehow blew it. There is a word for that kind of living and thinking...

Bondage.

As I consider that we were are FREE in Jesus and it is for freedom that He died for us, I realize bondage has NO place in my life as a believer, and that I am simply crazy to live to some kind of ideal or image, rather than to my Savior, who has SO much more for me.

I am learning right now, in a process that has more layers than a flaky baklava, what it means to be the Mindy He made me to be...what it looks like for Christ to flow through me, uniquely me.

I am pondering a Scripture from Ephesians 2:
10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

So my question to myself for this summer and perhaps to you if this whole thing hits home:
What does the masterpiece of you look like??? If you were once a blank canvas that was painted and tweaked and poured over by the Maker himself, what does that hand-created, original masterpiece look like? What makes it special, unique and lovely? What would it look like for you to live as that masterpiece and allow Jesus to flow through you?


2 comments:

Laura Worley said...

Love this - you are a masterpiece.
By the way - your squeal/cackle (a.k.a. "squackle) is one of my many favorite things about you.

Angie Dicken said...

This was a great post! I have an award for you on my blog! :)