Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008 in Review Mindy-style

Things that Have Made Me Laugh or Cry or Something in Between in 2008...
  • Watching my youngest son conquer his separation issues and earn a turtle named Sisco in the process
  • Realizing that aforementioned turtle is really nothing more than ornamental
  • The addiction known as FB
  • All the friends I've reconnected with because of said addiction
  • Michael Phelps (need I say more?)
  • Being at the Tech-UT game (really, need I say more?)
  • Redoing my laundry room...it's Tiffany blue and very girly, and every girly-girl needs a lair
  • Rediscovering my love of writing
  • Having so many people in my life that I truly admire...Mark, Adam, Lisa, Donnie...just to name a few, but I could so go on...
  • Hanging Christmas lights on our back porch year round so it feels like a beer garden
  • Twilight...the books and the movie (I don't care what the critics say...any chance I get to be 15 again and swoon over a fictional teenage vampire, I relish)
  • Having a best friend who I can talk on the phone with anytime, anyday regardless of anything!
  • Shea Butter Cashmere lotion from Bath and Body Works
  • My friends...I have the most amazing friends. If I didn't already believe in God's mercy and grace, the friends I call my own would prove it
  • Hearing my oldest son say I am the best woman he's ever known
  • Watching my hubby salivate over his new T.V.
  • Realizing God has something new for me to learn everyday, and He always will
  • Taking in a certain midnight premiere with an old but dear friend
  • Hearing my son play his guitar
  • Getting a Dyson (sounds pathetic, but it's true)
  • Discovering chiropractic care (this cynic is now a believer)
  • Watching my oldest nephew play his Senior Year of football under his coach/father
  • Becoming obsessed with Pei Wei's Japanese Teriakyi Bowl with beef...it's really all I need to turn my frown upside down
  • Having sisters who are really friends with whom I happen to share DNA
  • Finally and most importantly...serving a God who (in the words of Justin Unger) "is still the One who tells me I'm gonna make it and keeps my heart hanging on." He's really all I need...

Happy New Year, and here's to the one to come!

1 comment:

Ali said...

I love you, dear friend.